Monday, February 6, 2012

My very first blog!

So this blogging this is new to me but should be pretty familiar as I love to talk.....about myself, what's going on with my life, etc.  This blog will be devoted mainly to my running and the newfound love I have for it.  Also, the relationship between the running and my recovery.  Hence, the name "Addicted to Asphalt".  Because I'd rather be addicted to running than other substances.  Running has helped me find myself in a world where I was lost.  Even years after getting into recovery, I was still unsure about where God (or a Higher Power) fit into the puzzle.  Running helped me find that.  I was able to reach a point of faith, trust, and serenity through running.  Who knew that putting one foot in front of the other could do that?  So this itty bitty space in the web will be about one girl's journey.....from someone who thought running was a form of punishment to something that brings me great joy and a feeling of accomplishment, peace, and serenity.  If you have stopped by to check it out, thanks!  Stayed tuned to read about my very first half marathon, where I learned what NOT to do and made some wonderful new acquaintances!  :-)

1 comment: